Monday, April 7, 2008

Mama said there'd be days like this

It's been one of those days. I was in the kitchen fixin' lunch and I should have noticed Zachary was too quiet. I heard him coming down the hall from Camden's room saying, "Momma, I stinky." I turned around to go change him and he was looking right at me with his hand straight out. "I wash hands." One guess as to what was on his hands. Camden did this so I should have been expecting it again. I wiped him off and started a bath. While I was cleaning Camden's carpet, books, toys, TV, wall, door - you get the picture - Zachary was again too quiet. I went into the bathroom and he had poured about half of the water from the tub onto the floor. Why did I let him play with cups! After getting all of that cleaned up we finally got to have lunch. As soon as he climbed up in his highchair and I put the tray full of food on the chair, he pushed it and if fell onto the floor. At this time I was tired of cleaning up messes so I just let Penny in and she ate Zachary's lunch. So instead of leftover spaghetti and oranges, Zachary had cookies and fruit snacks. At least Jackson was sleeping and Camden was at school.

Now for pictures. I have cute ones that have nothing to do with today, but I didn't think anyone would enjoy looking at what I have looked at all day.

Zachary loves rain!

He was "catching" the rain and then putting it on his head.

Dancing in the rain

You can't tell by the picture - he looks scared to death - but Jackson like it too.

7 comments:

Lana said...

Quiet kids, though often dreamed about by every mom, rarely turn out to be as angelic as mom hopes! It rarely ends with the little ones silently reading a book or sound asleep -- more often they are decorating the house with permanent markers or baby powder or something less appetizing!
Hang in there and stay on your toes!

Melanie said...

Too funny...you are superwoman!!

Heather said...

What fun to look forward to!

The Keltners said...

Oh Cara, sounds like you had a fun day! Just think one of these days you are going to look back and miss these days, although you might not miss the mess. Keep up the good work momma!

Mandy said...

Haha, awww. You're such a good Mommy. =) The pics are adoreable!

Mandy said...

It was a great game! Unbelievable and fantastic!! =)

Bunch of Oranges said...

You made my night and I laughed out loud! I feel normal! I love you!